The best (and the worst) dressed models at the Oscars

by - March 05, 2018


I've seen many many articles about the actresses and celebrities most beautiful gowns at the Oscars, so I decided to make one BIG article, where you can see every single topmodel's dresses who have been attended to one of the Oscar after parties.

Firstly, I'm going to show you my favorites, but as you scrolling down, you can see the most unflattering gowns as well... More looks coming soon, so check back few hours later!
© Zimbio
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley

She is a big style icon - not just for me, but mostly for everyone in the fashion industry. She always looks so perfect for every event and however I didn't expect her to wear this risky green designed by Ralph & Russo to the Vanity Fair Oscar Party, but it worked out very well! She became my favorite by far this year, following the Victoria's Secret's Queen.

© Getty Images
Adriana Lima

She's the Queen and with this look she impressed me quite much, because she usually have terrible styling-makeup-hair to every single event - but not now at Elton John's Oscar Viewing Party! I love her figure, her smile is amazing and of course her Georges Hobeika dress was perfect. This was a win-win look for her! 
© Getty Images
Kate Upton

Usually I'm not a big fan of her red carpet style either, but at the Vanity Fair Oscar party, she looked perfect. I loved that she put up her hair high and also this metal colored dress looked good on her figure, however as I see she had to tanned herself to be able to wear this color. Anyway, she looked gorgeous!



© Zimbio
Camila Morrone

She looked like such a goodness! I live this type of dress and I'm very glad she didn't wear something totally invisible and sheer. I love the slim straps and the gown makes her look like one of the most beautiful woman in the party - even if she looks kinda bored. This is what I call for a perfect dress!

© Zimbio
Lais Ribeiro

I love how much Lais can always pick the best gowns ever! She looks HEAVENLY in this beautiful Zuhair Murad gown what can be totally made for her! She's lucky because her skin color is so beautiful that actually any color can look good on her - this pale brown color is not for girls with white skin - but she totally rocked it! I think the only thing I would wear differently is her hair.

© Getty Images
Heidi Klum

I love this woman, so like her style! Yep, sometimes she wants to be so much extra that she can choose to wear very unflattering gowns but but this time - just like always when she attends to Elton John's Oscar Viewing Party - her outfit all looked great! She wore a Georges Hobeika dress with René Caovilla heels and Lorrainne Schwarz jewelleries - she looked perfect! However I don't like her brownish hair (for me she's such a blondie forever), but her hair have a very great cut too, so I adored this look.


© Getty Images
Lais Ribeiro


She look stunning of course. Her make up is very nice, her hair just perfect and I have to say this August Getty dress would not be that much flatting on anyone else - it's like this gown was made her hair. I also like that her stylist choose here a sleeveless dress because it's a perfect way to promote the new Victoria's Secret Sexy Illusions strapless bras, however I'm sure she don't wear it, ha!


© Zimbio
Adriana Lima

Hands up, she was the best dressed woman last night! I honestly can't decide which of her look was better, but since I'm not very into black gowns, I choose the other shiny dress to my best favorite from her. She's lucky because everything look good on her but I'm sure that she hired a new stylist in the past months as well. I love this styling and this Alberta Ferretti dress too!


© Getty Images
Natasha Poly

This gorgeous woman wore a pink Dundas gown, what looked fantastic on her! I love the color, the chiffon texture, the diamond necklace and the whole look it all! Natasha look 10/10 as well and I can't wait to see more and more celebrities in Dundas!


© Zimbio
Naomi Campbell

Simple, but perfect! She is not just one of the most beautiful woman on the planet, but probably one of the best dressed too! I can hardly find any red carpet even where she is not shining. This time she wore a white Alexandre Vauthier suit to the Vanity Fair Oscar Party but in the most sexiest way. I wish younger models would learn how to look like a queen even in a simple suit.


© Getty Images
Kendall Jenner

I've read many negative comments about this look, but I like how she look. For sure, it had some risk because it's not a A-line or a mermaid-line dress and also it's quite short but her legs looks perfect, so why she would hide it? The Redemption dress have big puff sleeves  what make the whole look very intense and however I think her cleave was a bit too much, she don't have that much curvy lines that it would be disturbing. Kendall, you looked great!


© Getty Images
Romee Strijd

She looked like a black swan at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party's red carpet. The only thing I don't like is the short wet hair, but she probably had the mood for it to make it like that. For me, her perfect look would be wearing the hair and makeup just like Elton John's party and having a dress like this. The black sequined gown is designed by Jenny Packham.


© Zimbio
Jasmine Tookes

She rocks strapless gowns! This was my favorite look from her: a black mermaid Monique Lhullier gown what suits her figure 100%. I like that the end of the dress have a bit of green color and I also think the fur was a great idea - it make the dress more unique. However I like her second gown's color more, I think this was her big deal at the Oscars! 


© Zimbio
Daniela Lopez Osorio

This angel wore a beautiful Zuhair Murad gown - she picked out the dress perfectly! However I would wear my hair differently and I also don't agree with the natural make up, Daniela looked not just sweet but super sexy too. I love this gown, however there's nothing special in it.


© Zimbio
Jasmine Tookes

I can't decide if I like this Jean-Louis Sabaji dress or not... Firstly, the upper side of the dress is perfect and she looks AMAZING in it. Everything is perfect: the color, the hair, the make up... and then I see the down side of the gown and I feel that something is not OK with it. It looks like something is messed up on it, maybe there are too much material or the cutting is wrong, I have no idea... I think it might would have been better without the mermaid trail and the neck scarf.

© Getty Images
Jasmine Sanders

She's soo pretty! Her make up and hair is on point and her black Iris Serban gown is great too, but somehow I feel that she dressed up to a Homecoming party - what's not bad at all, but she could have been doing much more better. I also think that it's such a bad idea to dress up someone with an amazing figure and a perfect face in a dress what makes her shape much bigger, but all in all it was not bad from her.


© Getty Images
Nina Agdal

She wore a beautiful Versace dress to the Vanity Fair's Oscar party. It looks nice on her, but it was nothing special. Maybe the color, maybe it was just not her dress, but i liked her more last year, when she wore a blue mermaid lined lace dress. I think she should have wear some gold accessories or choose a different hairstyle, because this look was just too simple for me.
© Getty Images
Shanina Shaik

However her August Getty dress was good, everyone knows that it's not a big luck to wear white to Elton John's part because the promo wall is ALWAYS white. Probably she forgot it, so it's not a big deal and I also understand that she wanted to do something extra with herself because of this simple gown... but this 70s inspired disco hair don't look good on her.

© Getty Images
Kelly Rohrbach

Somehow I never really liked her, but in the Baywatch movie she was so much fun and cute that I was totally suprised! I have to say, her figure and her hair is perfect, and this Zac Posen dress is nice too, but somehow I feel that this is the type of gown what beauty pageants wear to Miss world and Miss Universe events... I'm not sure about this orange colour as well and satin texture could easily make everyone older especially in red carpet. It's not her best choice.

© Getty Images
Emily Ratajkowski 

She mostly wears very sexy dresses and looks, especially for a big party like this, but this time she arrived with her husband, so maybe this is the reason why she choosed not to show off anything. This purple Zac Posen dress is pretty tho, but I think I would wear this only if I would be +60 year old.


© Getty Images
Romee Strijd

Despite her angelic face, she wore a boyish suit. I have no idea why she did that! Her make up and hair was perfect for an old Hollywood glam and I'm 100% sure she could have wear so many different options, but somehow she choose this metallic suit. Why, Romee? It didn't look terrible on her of course, at least it was a little shiny but this is by far not her best look.


© Zimbio
Ashley Graham

OMG, she is so beautiful! I love everything about this look despite the texture and color choice of her Rubin Singer dress - in my opinion it makes her look bigger in certain points and I also find the gown's material a bit cheap. I wish she wore this in red or blue without these cheap shiny effect!


© Zimbio
Joan Smalls

Joan is kinda used to make all of her red carpet appearance unique - I always see gowns and dresses on her what I can never check out on anyone else. This Roberto Cavalli Couture gown is kinda unique too, her make up and hair is nice for it as well, but I can't get familiar with this dress. She's totally in the mid-section of my best dressed models list.


© Zimbio
Stella Maxwell

I never like her on the red carpet! This time the dress (designed by Julien Macdonald)  is not so bad, but somehow I still dont get familiar with it. I mean her Angels sisters, Lais and Jasmine wore much more beautiful dresses, so why she didn't choose something better?  I would wear this to a summer dinner party in a resort.


© Zimbio
Amber Valletta

She is still one of the most successful models in the industry - I wish she could finally learn how to dress up. Wear a dress like that to the Vanity Fair Party? And what's that waist belt? I think without it would have been better and I also don't understand why she wore a black hosiery  - no one wears it nowadays! Her shoes are not very suitable too. Probably she wore Saint Laurent because she's the face of the brand.



© Getty Images
Hailey Clauson

I have to repeat myself: why she picked this simple dress? The dress length for example looks so bad - it makes her look short, however she is a 180 cm tall beauty. I feel that few weeks ago her Sports Illustrated promo party look was million times better. I'm sure that she was kinda lost last night, because she don't look like a celebrity or a million dollar supermodel at all. The dress is designed by Monique Lhullier btw.


© Zimbio
Heidi Klum


Oh, Heidi! How much I loved your dress at the Elton John Party and how much I don't like this! The color is not my type (ok, that's a matter of taste), and even the upper side of the dress is pretty but the downside.... It looks like a curtain! It make the whole look ugly! Interesting, but this dress is designed by Ralph & Russo - the same brand what designed Rosie HW's beautiful dress! In this way Heidi had to pick this one? No sense!


© Zimbio
Taylor Hill

The perfect example how a bad team can mess up a beautiful woman: wrong rouge color, extremely bad hair, a summer  inspired dress what I would wear to a beach party, but not to the Oscars! OK, despite all this look is not the worst, but I think this Narciso Rodriguez dress is not even the best to her figure. Waiting for your next appearance Taylor!


© Getty Images
Toni Garrn

This how this beauty looked at the Elton John Party (and THIS is her dress for the Vanity Fair Oscar Party) none of them was a good choice. This shiny textured Maison Siran dress looked very cheap, I would never wear it even to a friend's birthday party, not to the biggest and the most famous parties on the earth! I don't know what happened with Toni, usually she always looks so pretty on the red carpet. This was not her night that's for sure, however I understand that she had to promote the Maison Siran brand, since she's the face of it.


© Zimbio
Kate Bock

Are you in Vegas, Kate? Maybe to the VSFS After Party or a Club Opening Party this dress can be nice, but not to the Oscars! I have no idea why these girls are not respecting the events and choose something beautiful and nice to appear on the red carpet. I'm sure that she could ask any designer to give her a dress for free! 


© Zimbio
Lily Aldridge 

I was so disappointed by her! I thought she will look phenomenal but she wore this golden dress what made her look like a golden statue. Maybe this was her aim, to look like the Oscar statue but it was not pretty at all - even if it's a legend dress designed by Versace. Maybe without the high neck it could have been better, but this hole texture and color is not good for Lily. 


© Zimbio
Shanina Shaik


Her Vanity Fair Party look made her look shiny, but it's so invisible (again) that I can see nothing but her panty line! I have no idea why the models were not able to make their sheer gown a bit more sophisticated (as much as Adriana did at least) but this is just not good. How many times it could have been better if she wore a nude shapewear under it? Thousand times! This was a Georges Hobeika gown if anyone's curios.

© Getty Images
Alessandra Ambrosio

She's the only model in this list who have amazing dresses to the red carpet event, but Ale... I could not call this Ralph & Russo dress a good one. It's more a beach cover up! It could have been easier the best of all, but it's shows so much, it shows all of her figure... This "dress" is not for the Vanity Fair's Oscar party but to a stripper club I guess. I hope next year she can choose something more sophisticated and elegant because this look is such a meh.

© Getty Images
Karolina Kurkova

I miss her from the high fashion scene so much! I'm glad that at least I was able to see her at Elton John's Oscar Party but I didn't expect that she's going to wear a suit.. like this.. I have to say, I don't have suits, but this piece makes her shoulder very wide and her hips looks big as well. If I was Karolina, I would never wear this suit - especially that she can choose from the most beautiful dresses in the world.


© Zimbio
Hailey Baldwin

The color and the texture is very pretty of this dress but the cutting... is horrible! I mean Hailey didn't see what is she going to wear on the red carpet? It looks like a mess, even if it's designed by Versace. I feel like someone got a shiny toilet paper and just rolled it all around her! 


© Zimbio
Elsa Hosk

I think the same about her look than was I said about Alessandra Ambrosio's. Why she had to wear a two piece swimwear and but a totally invisible beachwear on it? I would not call it to a dress (however its designed by Alberta Ferretti), it's far from perfect. It looks very trashy despite her hair and make up was on point.


© Zimbio
Martha Hunt

She really felt herself pretty in a dress like that? If a Victoria's Secret angel can attend a world famous event and she can just from like 1000 dresses and she decide to wear this... then I have no idea if her eyes are wrong or only her taste is awful! Not ladylike, not supermodel like, no one likes it!


© Zimbio
Karolina Kurkova

KK, why are you doing this with us? This dress... Like seriously?! I have no idea why she had to choose this Balmain dress! I mean nothing is good with it and her hair is hideous too... I mean everyone can see how much this whole look is just a big NO so I'm not commenting more about it.


© Getty Images
Sara Sampaio

This look is the worst from all. It's a couture dress from Giambattista Valli, but the big name doesn't help at all. Looks unflattering on her, but it's not her fault: it would look bad on a regular Barbie doll as well. I just have no idea why she had to wear a two piece dress, what's so short like this. I was not a big fan of her last year's look as well (that was terrible too) but this time she is definitely the worst dressed model.

All in all: my favorite best dressed supermodel is definitely Adriana Lima - her two look were both amazing -, followed by Romee Strijd and Lais Ribeiro. My favorite dress is Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's green dress and my worst is Sara Sampaio's two piece one.


You May Also Like

0 megjegyzés

All Rights Reserved © 2018 Gretta